WRITING A CONSTITUTION
1.1ARTICLE ONE-HEAD OF ASSOCIATION
The association name is KAILOSOGET (NAKAMANE) YOUTH GROUP
1.2 ARTICLE TWO- OBJECTIVES
– To up lift standard of the group members and community
1.3ARTICLE THREE- RULES OF MEMBERSHIP
- To join association, a member shall pay Kshs 50 which is nonrefundable fee. It is once and membership is voluntary
- Monthly contribution of 300 and one can add the amount she wishes . It’s share of each member.
- To have good behaviors especially working hours e.g. not to drink alcohol and respect each other. If not it will lead to withdrawal out of association or punishment decide by the board.
- If a member fail to contribute monthly on three consecutive months will lead to withdrawal from the group.
- Withdrawal of members, to give notice of one month to board of intention of resigning. Then board will respond two months for a member to get her shares if one as.
- If a member is removed by a vote of more than two third shall be allowed to be out of the association according to her behavior.
- Board will overlook the assistance of members before being involved
1.4 ARTICLE FOUR-DUTIES OF OFFICE BEARERS/OFFICIAL
a) Shall chair all the meetings of the board and all general meetings
b) Shall provide general policy guidelines related to the affairs of the association as expressly provided for in the constitution.
c) Give instructions to other officials especially secretary during meeting arrangements.
i. Shall be responsible to the general meeting and board
ii. To go through previous minutes before day meetings began
iii. Represent and act on behalf of organization generally
iv. Do all such acts so may be necessary for efficient running of the organization
v. Keep a full, complete and up to date record of the organization affairs.
vi. Carry out all correspondents and publicity on behave of organization
vii. Arrange the meeting of the organization on the instructions of the Chairperson.
a) Keep on proper accounting basis of all financial records of the organization
b) On the advice of board ,ensure all drawings from the account are countersigned by either the secretary or the Chairperson
c) Provide parts on financial installment of the organization and audited account to general meetings and should also be open for inspection by either board or members during working hours.
1.5ARTICLE FIVE-MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE/BOARD
– The Chairperson and his/her board shall manage day to day affairs of the organization which is formed by elected official one appointed members
– The management may pay all expenses pad in setting up registration of the organization may also exercise powers of the organization which required by the constitution to be exercised by general meeting to achieve its objectives and deal with difficult cases referred to management by either Chairperson or any officials to solution and decision making .
- 1. DISQUALIFICATION OF MEMBER FOR BOARD OFFICE
The office of member board shall be vacated:
– The receiving order is made against him or her an arrangement
– If she becomes unsound minded
– If fails to attend the meeting of the board in a period of 3 meetings, except by special leave.
– If by notice in writing to the organization he/she resigns his/her office
– If he/she is removed from membership withdrawal himself with his/her reason out of the organization pursuant to resolution of the organization.
– If she is removed from office by resolution duty passed under the constitution, to be failed to be done.
- 2. REMOVAL OF THE BOARD MEMBER OTHER THAN THE OFFICIAL
As per member behavior or mistakes, shall be out of the board which will be removed by official/members her position will be vacant, the board will summon the members and board will conduct election with members to election with members to elect a person to replace.
- 3. NUMBER OF MEMBERS
Until otherwise varied by special resolution passed general meeting, the meeting, the board shall consist of honorary posts of Chairperson, vice-chairperson, general secretary, organizing secretary, vice-secretary, treasurer and one appointed board member.
1.6ARTICLE SIX-GENERAL MEETING
The organization shall organize for a meeting every end month and also annual general meeting shall be held at December and place as the board shall appoint.
Proceeding at general meetings
a) The Chairperson in her absence, the vice Chairperson will lead the meeting. If Chairperson is present she shall preside at every general meeting and if Chairperson and vice-Chairperson are not in 15minutes after was started, members present shall designated one of themselves to be Chairperson of the meeting.
b) All members shall receive notice of the meeting at least 15 days with proposed agenda’s before the meeting day.
c) Members should be at least two thirds to pass in issue in the meeting.
d) During discussion on meeting, if issue is not half an hour, it should be dissolved or forwarded to next meeting to be handled and if not supported on that day by two thirds it will be thrown and if two third not attending the meeting, the meeting shall be dissolved up to next meeting day.
MANNER OF CONVENING EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
The board shall on requisition of members ,proceed to convene an extraordinary general meeting provided that the requisition must state the objectives of the meeting and must be signed by the requisition and deposited to board.
1.7ARTICLE SEVEN –ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS.
i. Organization shall elect officials from its members after 2 years. That is Chairperson, vice-Chairperson, general secretary, vice secretary, organizing secretary, treasurer and two board members which is appointed by elected officials will also be dissolved after end of 2 years contract and shall be appointed by officials after election.
ii. Chairperson and vice Chairperson are allowed to contest to chair with at least 20-35 years old. With personal property/asset and available working with KAILOSOGET (NAKAMANE)YOUTH GROUP.
iii. Former official are allowed to contest to any vacancy available after expiry of her term , many times as she can but as per constitution laws excepts Chairperson who is allowed to run for three years consecutive times if succeed to win then resign and if fails before three terms is allowed to contest next time.
iv. Withdrawal of Chairperson within her term of leadership, vice Chairperson within her term of leadership, the Chairperson will take over the Chairperson‘s office immediately. Vice-Chairperson position will be announced vacant and election will be conducted to be filled in by members they wish to contest the position. But Chairperson should leave notice to board of resignation letter.
v. Committed members are allowed to contest as official especially if their financial records are running smoothly, God fearing person ,clear with no criminal records and with good behaviors
i) In cases of equality of votes, either on a show of hands or poll be entitled to a second or casting vote.
ii) At any general meeting a resolution put to the vote of meeting shall be decided by show of hands or secret ballot methods.
iii) Every member shall have one vote, when any matter affecting a member personally, comes before may require she may be present in it. She shall not be entitled to vote on question Chairperson may require him to during discussion.
iv) Special interested leaders shall be invited to attend board meeting or any other meeting but will not have voting power.
v) Board will organize to officers who will preside over elections
1.8 ARTICLE EIGHT-ACCOUNT/FINANCES
a) The organization shall open account to operate normal duties of financial office
b) The board shall appoint three signatories that are: treasurer, secretary and Chairperson.
c) Funds and assets of the organizations shall be applied solely towards promotion of the objectives of the organization as assert forth in the constitution and no portion shall be paid or transferred directly to any individual for personal benefit.
d) No amount to be given to any board member except repayment of out of pocket expenses, office material and a reasonable and proper rent for premises or let to organization.
e) Shall have to produce proper records to let members at the end of the year meeting (December) explain sum of money received and spent expenditures that took place and also asserts and liabilities of the organization.
f) Shall return all share at the end of the year to members
g) Members shall pay Kshs 500 when emergency cases happen. It will be done by collection amount from each member during that time.
1.9ARTICLE NINE- AUDITOR
The organization at Annual General Meeting appoints temporally auditor who will go through the financial records of the group.
2.0 ARTICLE TEN- WITHDRAWAL ASSOCIATION
In case of withdrawal or until otherwise varied by special resolution passed at general meeting. The organization may withdraw from normal duties running; the board shall have arrangement of paying members shares accordingly before dissolving the association and with full explanation to members the reason of dissolving the organization.
Prepared By: Secretary
Anne Ekuwom Date___________________ Sign_________________
Approved By: Chairperson
Mary Reuben Ekolia Date___________________ Sign_________________