PERSONAL AND MORAL VALUES
This is the ability to communicate understanding of other persons experience from persons respective
– Personal commitment to what is professional and what right to be done.
– Commitment to bring moral in dealing with other personal issues straight forward, honesty and cotterence.
– The capacity to work with the clients concerns without being personally swayed.
– Sharing appropriate esteem to other and their understanding of themselves.
– The ability to access accurately the knowledge of one own strength and weakness
– Refers to effective deployment of the skills and knowledge needed to do what is reasoned.
– The consistent application to appropriate to inform decision and actions
– Possession of sound judgment that informs practice
Record Keeping and Documentation
– Record keeping is the keeping of the client’s data safe and secure, where they can only be accessed by multichaciplitray team and not the administration
– Keeping a track of clients’ process and progress for admission to discharge.
Essential Steps for Ethical Problems Solving
- Determine whether there is an ethical issues or/and dilemma is there a conflict of values, or rights, or professional responsibilities?(for example, there may be an issue of self-determination of an adolescent valorous the well-being of the family?
- Identify the key values and principles involved. What meanings and limitation are typically attracted to the competing values?(for example, rapely is confidential information held in absolute securely. However, typically decision about access by third parties to secretive content should be contracted with clients.
- Rank the values of ethical principles which in your professional judgment are most relevant to the issues or dilemma. What reasons can you provide for prioritizing one competing value/principles over another? (For example, your clients right to choose a beneficial course of action could bring hardship or harm to others who would be affected).
- Develop an action plan that is consistent with the ethical priorities that have been determined as central to the dilemma.